Room No.: HSB332B
Tel: +91 44 2257 4534
- Ph.D.: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi
Title of the thesis: ‘Passives in some South Asian Languages: A comparative investigation’
- Masters: Utkal University, Odisha
- Bachelors: Fakir Mohan University, Odisha
- IIT Madras, Chennai: Since August 2017
- BIMTECH, Greater Noida: October 2016- August 2017
- Amity University, Noida: 2014 -2016
- Linguistic Typology
- Indian English Grammar
- Language Acquisition
- Historical Linguistics
- Language and Communication Studies
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Linguistic Anthropolgy
- Business Communication
- Professional Ethics
- Chandra, P. and Sahoo, A. (2015). Ditransitive Active-passives in Malayalam: A brief note. International Journal of Dravidian Linguistics, Vol 44:1. Dravidian Linguistics Association.
- Chandra, P. and Sahoo, A. (2014). Learning Puzzles with Indian English Tags’. Language and Language Teaching, Vol 3:2, Azim Premji University and Vidya Bhavan Society.
- Chandra, P. and Sahoo, A. (2013). Passives in South Asian Languages: Some Typological Puzzles, Acta Linguistica Asiatica, Vol 3:1, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Chandra, P. and Sahoo, A. (2010). Gradience In ditransitives and morphological specifities: The case Of Oriya, AICL-32 Conference Proceedings, Linguistic Society of India.
- Sahoo, A. (2010). Odia passives with ditransitives, LAEL-5 PG Conference Proceedings, Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK.
- Book chapter titled ‘Headlines: Same-lines, In Sheikh’, Aejaz M. (Ed). News Media Discourse: Issues and Perspectives. Hope International. pp 228-238. ISBN: 978-8192979-50-2.
- Article titled ‘ODISHA AND ODIA: Conceptualizing Linguistic and Cultural Identities’ at http://www.intellectsreview.com/2016/07/odisha-and-odia-conceptualizing.html
Selected Papers presented in conferences:
- ‘Conceptualizing Linguistic and Cultural Identities’ Presented at National Conference on Language, Identity and Society: Centrality of Language in Formation of Identity in Contemporary Society, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, from 30th to 31st October 2015.
- ‘Headlines: Same Lines’ Presented at Free Linguistics Conference 2015, De La Salle University, Manila, the Philippines, from 24th to 26th Sept 2015
- The development of copulas and their functions: A typological perspective .(Co-authors: Foong Ha Yap, Abhishek Kumar Kashyap, Mizuho Tamaji), Presented at 20th Himalayan Languages Symposium (HLS 20), Nanyang Technical University, Singapore, from 16th July to 18th July 2014.
- ‘Error, or no error: An analysis’ Presented at 8th Students Conference of Linguistics in India (SCONLI 8), Kashmir University, Srinagar, From 24th March to 26th March 2014 .
- (Re-)visiting the Principles of Reflexivization: A Study of Reflexives in Khasi’, Presented at 23rd Annual Meeting of the South East Asian Linguistics Society (SEALS 2013), Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand, from 29th May to 31st May 2013
- ‘Scope Patterns in Oriya’, (With Dr. Pritha Chandra), Presented at South Asian Languages Analysis Roundtable 29 CIIL, Mysore, from 6th January to 9th January 2011
- ‘Gradience In Ditransitives and Morphological Specifities: The Case Of Oriya’(With Dr. Pritha Chandra) Presented at All India Conference of Linguists,Lucknow University, on 21st December, 2010
- ‘Oriya Passives with Ditransitives’ Presented at Lancaster Post Graduate Conference Lancaster University, UK, on 5th July 2010
- Yes-no Questions: Probing the Structures of Indian English (With Pritha Chandra), Presented at 31st All India Conference of Linguistics, Hyderabad Central University, from 15th to 17th Dec 2009
- Title: ‘Re-Understanding passives from South Asian perspectives’ Delivered at Hong Kong Polytechnic University on 2nd October 2015.
- Title: ‘Phonology-Morphology Mismatches in English: A Case Study on New Words’ Delivered at BITS Pilani (Hyderabad Campus) on 27th Aug 2016.