Vipin P. Veetil
Room No.: HSB240B
Tel: +91 2257 4543
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Paris 1 Panéthon-Sorbonne and CNRS 2018.
- Ph.D Economics, George Mason University. United States of America. 2016.
- Certificate in Computational Social Science, George Mason University. United States of America. 2015.
- Master in Finance, Collegio Carlo Alberto. Italy. 2010.
- Master in Law and Economics, Erasmus Mundus Program. Erasmus University Rotterdam (The Netherlands), University of Bologna (Italy), and University of Aix-Marseille 3 (France). 2008.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honors) Economics, Hindu College, University of Delhi. India. 2006.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma, Shanghai American School. China. 2003.
- Agent-based Computational Economics
- Monetary Economics
- Production Networks
- Non-Tatonnement Processes
Articles in Journals:
- Monetary dynamics in a network economy. Journal of Economic Dynamics &. Control. Forthcoming. (with Antoine Mandel).
- Business cycles and the internal dynamics of firms. The Review of Austrian Economics. Forthcoming. (with Kushal Reddy)
- Schumpeter’s business cycle theory and the diversification argument. Institutional and Evolutionary Economics Review. Forthcoming.
- The economic cost of COVID lockdowns: An out-of-equilibrium analysis. 2020. Economics of Disasters and Climate Change,4:431-451.(with Antoine Mandel)
- The price effects of monetary shocks in a network economy. 2019. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organisation, 164(1): 300-316.
(with Antoine Mandel and Davoud Taghawi-Nejad)
- Spatial competition with interacting agents. 2017. International Journal of Microsimulation, 10(3): 75-91. (with Bertrand Ottino-Loer, Forrest Stonedahl, and Uri Wilensky)
- Nominal GDP stabilization: Chasing a mirage. 2017. The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 67: 227-236. (with Richard E. Wagner)
- Coordination in centralized and decentralized systems. 2017. International Journal of Microsimulation. 10(2): 86-102.
- The complexity of coordination. 2017. The Eastern Economic Journal, 43(2): 260-270. (with Davoud Taghawi-Nejad)
- Towards a New Austrian Macroeconomics. 2017. The Review of Austrian Economics, 30(1): 19-38. (with Lawrence H. White)
- Extended shareholder liability as a means to constrain moral hazard in insured banks. 2017. The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 63: 153-160.
(with Alexander W. Salter and Lawrence H. White)
- Out-of-equilibrium dynamics with heterogeneous capital goods. 2016. New Mathematics and Natural Computation, 12(2): 157-173.
- Models of human action. 2016. Cosmos + Taxis, 3(2-3): 45-55. (with Peter J. Boettke)
- Libertarian paternalism is an oxymoron. 2011. European Journal of Law and Economics, 31(3): 321-334. Conceptions of rationality in law and economics. 2011. European Journal of Law and Economics, 31(2):199-228.
- Treating macro theory as systems theory (with Richard E. Wagner). 2015. Advances in Austrian Eco- nomics, 19: 119-144.
Book Review Essays:
- Learning as an emergent, creative process: A review of Greenwald and Stiglitz’s “Creating a Learning Society”. 2016. The Review of Austrian Economics, 29(4): 415-428.
(with Christopher J. Coyne)
- “Mythology of Capital in the Twenty-First Century: A review of Piketty’s “Capital in the Twenty-First Century”. 2016. Journal of Private Enterprise. Spring 2016, 3(1): 21-36.
- “Intermediate Macroeconomics”. Fall 2014 and Spring 2015. George Mason University.
- “Money and Banking”. Spring 2015. George Mason University.
Selected Newspaper Articles:
- Private Schools Can Tackle Caste, Wall Street Journal Asia, July 29, 2014.
- Poor Indians Prove Amartya Sen Wrong, Wall Street Journal Asia, September 26, 2013.
- Mass Exit From Poverty, Forbes India, July 17, 2012.