Pramod Kumar Naik
Room No.: HSB 239C
Tel: +91 44 2257 4503
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Ph.D. in Economics, IIT Bombay
- M.Phil. in Planning and Development, IIT Bombay
- M.A. in Applied Economics, Pondicherry University
- Assistant Professor, Gr-I of Economics at Department of Humanities and Social Sciences IIT Madras from 1st June 2022 to till date.
- Assistant Professor at the Department of Economics, Central University of Rajasthan from 8th March 2016 – 31st May 2022 (Regular)
- Assistant Professor at the Department of Economics, Central University of Rajasthan from 22/Jan/2015 – 20/Jan/2016 (Temporary)
- Financial Economics
- Stock Market Volatility
- Behavioral Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Applied Econometrics Time-series and panel data
- Money and Banking
Course Taught (PG&UG)
- Fundamentals of Finance (UG)
- Mathematical Finance (UG)
- Fundamentals of Game Theory (UG)
- Quantitative Economics (UG)
- Mathematical Methods in Economics (PG)
- Macroeconomics II (PG)
- Econometrics (PG)
- Computer Applications in Mathematical Economics and Statistics (PG)
- Research Methodology and Database of the Indian Economy (PG)
- Research Methodology (Ph.D.)
- Introduction to Econometrics and Finance (Big Data Analytics)
Scholarships/awards and achievements:
- Excellence in Thesis Work Award from IIT Bombay
- Best Paper Award at ICBPEM-2014, NIT Rourkela for the paper “Stock Market Development and Economic Growth in Emerging Market Economies: Dynamic Panel Evidence”
- Qualified National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (UGC NET) and JRF.
- Qualified for Teaching Assistantship at IIT Bombay
- Two Sessions Lectures as a Resource Person in a workshop “Research Methodology Course” for M Phil, Ph.D and Post-Doctoral Students of Social Sciences during 1stApril, 2021 to 15th April, 2021, organized by IDS Jaipur.
- Guest Speakerto address the Social Work students. Topic: “Why Social Work students need to understand Economics?” Date: 20 Jan 2021. Department of Social Work, Central University of Rajasthan.
- Two sessions Lectures given as a Resource Person in the Faculty Development Program in Applied Econometrics (September 9-15, 2017) Faculty Development Centre, Banasthali Vidyapith
- Two Sessions Lectures given as a Resource Person in a workshop “Use of Software for Economics and Business Analysis” held on 7th March 2017, organized by Department of Business Economics, M S University Baroda Gujarat.
- Chaired a technical session in the Seminar on Public Policy, Governance and Development in India: Issues and Challenges, September 23-24, 2016. Theme: Development and displacement on 24 September, 2016, organized by Department of Public Policy Law and Governance, Central University of Rajasthan.
- Yadav, Yamini and Naik, Pramod Kumar (2023). “Investors’ Irrational Sentiment and Stock Market Returns: A Quantile Regression Approach using Indian Data” Accepted for Publication in Business Perspective and Research, Listed in ABDC, Indexed in Scopus.
- Mehrotra, Pallavi, Vyas, Vidhisha, and Naik, Pramod Kumar (2023) “Behavior of Capital and Risk under Basel Regulation: A simultaneous equation model study” Accepted for publication in Global Business Review, Listed in ABDC, Indexed in Scopus.
- Naik, Pramod Kumar and Sethy Tapas Kumar (2022) “Stock returns, trading volumes, and market volatility: A study on the Indian stock market”, The Indian Economic Journal, 70 (3): 406-416. Listed in ABDC (B-category), indexed in UGC-CARE group I, Sage publications
- Naik, Pramod Kumar, Imlak Shaikh & Toan Luu Duc Huynh(2021) Institutional investment activities and stock market volatility amid COVID-19 in India, Economic Research-Ekonomska Istraživanja, DOI: 1080/1331677X.2021.1982399 Indexed in, SSCI, SCOPUS, Taylor and Francis Publication. Impact Factor:
- Naik, Pramod Kumar, (2020) “Determinants of Banks’ Debt: Dynamic Panel Evidence from Indian Public Sector Banks”, International Journal of Accounting and Finance, Indexed in EconLit, listed in ABDC (C-category), 10 (1): 24 – 39. DOI: 1504/IJAF.2020.111231
- Naik, Pramod Kumar, Gupta Rangan, and Padhi Puja (2018). “The Relationship between Stock Market Volatility and Trading Volume: Evidence from South Africa”, Journal of Developing Areas, (ABDC B-category -2018) 52(1): 99-114. DOI: 1353/jda.2018.0007
- Naik, Pramod Kumar and Padhi, Puja (2016). “Investor Sentiment Stock Market Returns and Volatility: Evidence from National Stock Exchange India” International Journal of Management Practice, 9(3), 213-237. Indexed in SCOPUS, ABDC (C-category) Inderscience Publication. ISSN: 1477-9064. DOI: 1504/IJMP.2016.077816
- Naik, Pramod Kumar and Padhi, Puja (2015). “On the Linkage between Stock Market Development and Economic Growth in Emerging Market Economies: Dynamic Panel Evidence” Review of Accounting and Finance, 14(4), 363-381. Indexed in SCOPUS, ABDC (B category) EmeraldInsight Publication. ISSN: 1475-7702. DOI: 10.1108/RAF-09-2014-0105
- Naik, Pramod Kumar and Padhi, Puja (2015).“Stock Market Volatility and Equity Trading Volume: Empirical Examination from Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC)” Global Business Review, 16(5S): 28S-45S.Indexed in SCOPUS, ABDC (C-category), ESCI, Sage Publication. ISSN: 0972-1509. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0972150915601235
- Naik, Pramod Kumar and Padhi, Puja (2015). “An Empirical Evidence of Dynamic Interaction between Institutional Fund Flows and Stock Market Returns” Indian Journal of Finance, 9(4): 21-32. Indexed in SCOPUS, (ABDC – C category) ISSN: 0973-8711. DOI: 17010/ijf/2015/v9i4/71455.
- Naik, Pramod Kumar and Padhi, Puja. (2015) “Interaction of Institutional Investment Activity and Stock Market Volatility: Evidence from India”. Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation, 11(3):219-229. Indexed in ICI, Sage Publication.ISSN: 2321-0729 https://doi.org/10.1177/2319510X15588385
- Naik, Pramod Kumar (2014). “R&D Intensity and Market Valuation of Firm: A Study of R&D Incurring Manufacturing Firms in India” Journal of Studies in Dynamics and Change, 1(7): 295-308. ISSN: 2348-7038
- Naik, Pramod Kumar and Padhi, Puja (2014). “Equity Trading Volume and its Relationship with Market Volatility: Evidence from Indian Equity Market”. Journal of Asian Business Strategy, 4(9): 108-124.ISSN: 2309-8295
- Naik, Pramod Kumar (2013). “Does Stock Market Respond to Economic Fundamentals: A Time-Series Analysis from Indian Data” Journal of Applied Economics and Business Research, 3 (1): 34-50. Indexed in EconLit, ESCI. ISSN: 1927-033X
- Naik, Pramod Kumar and Padhi, Puja (2012). “The Impact of Macroeconomic Fundamentals on Stock Price Revisited: Evidence from Indian Data” Eurasian Journal of Business and Economics, 5 (10): 25-44. Indexed in EconLit, ABDC (C-category) ISSN: 1694-5972.
- Naik, Pramod Kumar, K. Narayanan and Padhi, Puja (2011). “R&D Expenditure and Firm Performance: A Study of Electrical and Electronics Industry in India” Taylor’s Business Review, 1 (1): 65-81. Global Science Journals.
Conference Paper, Proceedings and Presentation:
- “Irrational investor sentiment and stock market returns: a quantile regression approach” presented in IIF International Research Conference and Awards Summit January 29-31st, 2021. Indian Institute of Finance.
- “Effect of price Change on Volume and Volatility: An Empirical Evidence from Indian Stock Market” presented in the Web based Two-days research Seminar on “Current Issues and Policy Option in Financial Markets” during August 26-27, 2020 jointly organized by National Institute of Securities Markets and The Indian Econometric Society
- “Determinants of Bank’s Leverage Decision: Dynamic Panel Evidence from Public Sector Banks in India” presented at the 3rd International Conference on Financial Markets and Corporate Finance (ICFMCF 2018) July 12-14, 2018 at IITKanpur
- “Investor Sentiment, Stock Market Returns and Volatility: Evidence from National Stock Exchange India” Presented at the International Conference on Evidence Based Management (ICEBM2015) held at Department of Management, BITS Pilani, Pilani, Rajasthan, India.
- “Examining the Impact of Stock Market Development on Economic Growth: Dynamic Panel Evidence from Emerging Market Economies” Presented at the Fourth IIFT Conference on Empirical Issues in International Trade and Finance held at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi during 18th -19th December 2014.
- “Stock Market Development and Economic Growth in Emerging Market Economies: Dynamic Panel Evidence” Presented at the International Conference on Business Paradigms and in Emerging Markets (ICBPEM-2014) held at School of Management, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela during 12th – 13th December 2014. Selected for Best Paper Award.
- “Dynamic relationship of institutional investment flow and stock market returns: Evidence from India” Presented at the International Research Meeting Business and Management, 7th-8th July, 2014, held at IPAG Business School, Nice Campus, France.
- “Institutional Investments and Stock Market Returns in India: Investigation of dynamic Relationship” Presented in International Management Research Conference on “Management Innovation and intervention for Sustainable Development”, held on 28th Feb and 1st March 2014, at Mumbai University.
- “Asymmetric Volatility, Trading Volume and Risk-Return Relationship in the Indian Stock Market: An Empirical Analysis” Presented at the International Finance Conference 2014 on current Issue in Finance in developing Nations, Department of Business Management, University of Calcutta, India during January 17th and 18th, 2014.
- “Examining the Relationship between Trading Volume and Equity Market Volatility: Evidence from BRIC Countries” Presented and Published in Global Conference on Business and Finance Proceedings, Vol. 9, No. 1, ISSN 1941-9589, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, Jan 6-9, 2014.
- “Examining Volatility Pattern and Risk-Return relationship in the Indian Stock Market” presented at the 2013 India Accounting and Finance Conference, held at Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow during 9th– 11thSeptember 2013.
- “Interaction of Macroeconomic Factors and Stock Market Index: Empirical evidence from Indian data” presented at the 12thConsortium of Student in Management Research (COSMAR) 2012, Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore during 16-17 Nov. 2012.
- “R&D Investment and Market Valuation of Firm: A study of R&D incurring Manufacturing firms in India” presented at48thAnnual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society (TIES),held at Department of Economics, Pondicherry University, Puducherry during 1st – 3rd March 2012.
- “R&D Expenditure and Firm Performance: A Study of Electrical and Electronics Industry in India” presented at the 47th Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), School of Future Studies and Planning , Devi Ahilya University, Indore during 6-8 Jan 2011.
Seminar and Workshop Attended:
- “XI Capital Market Conference” organized by Indian Institute of Capital Markets, Mumbai during 21-22 Dec. 2012.
- “13th Annual Conference on Money and Finance” organized by Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai during 25-26 Feb. 2011.
- “National Workshop on Financial Econometrics” organized by the Department of Economics, University of Hyderabad in collaboration with The TIES from 9th to 13th 2010.
Current Research Paper:
- Investors’ Irrational Sentiment and Stock Market Returns: A Quantile Regression Approach using Indian Data, in Business Perspective and Research
- Do Investors’ Irrational Sentiments Cause Stock Market Volatility? A Wavelet-based Analysis
Reviewer in Academic Journals:
- North American Journal of Economics and Finance
- International Journal of Finance and Economics
- Qualitative Research in Financial Markets
- International Journal of Management Practice
- Eurasian Journal of Business and Economics
- Indian Economic Journal
- South Asian Journal of Global Business Research
- Yamini Yadav “Investor Sentiment and Stock Market Behaviour in Emerging Market Economies” ONGOING at Central University of Rajasthan
- Utsav “ Determinants of Sovereign Bond Yield in an Emerging Economy: A Study from India” ONGOING at Central University of Rajasthan
Master’s Thesis Guided
- More than 30 master thesis guided.