Room No.: HSB 348A
Phone : +91 (44) 2257 4507
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD (Economics), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, 2008.
- M.Phil (Planning and Development), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, 2003
- M.S. (Development Economics), Pondicherry Central University, 2001
Areas of Research Interest:
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Trade and Technology
- Applied Industrial Economics
- Microeconomics II
- Economics of Industrial Organizations
Teaching and Research Experience:
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Humanities, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, July 2011 – .
- Taught a module on Macroeconomics II at Madras School of Economics, March 2011.
- Consultant, Indian-ASEAN Connectivity: India Country Study, Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS), March – June 2011.
- Assistant Professor (Sr.), VIT University, July to November 2010.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, IIT Madras, July 2009-July 2010.
- Assistant Professor, Madras School of Economics, August 2008 – July 2010.
- UNCTAD India Post Doctoral Fellow, CDS Trivandrum April-July 2008.
- Radeef Chundakkadan, Subash S. (2020) Innovation and exports: evidence from Indian enterprises, in Ajitava Raychauduri, Prabir De, Suranjan Gupta (Eds) World Trade and India: Multilateralism, Progress and Policy Response, New Delhi:Sage.
- Subash S., Rajesh Raj S. N (2020) MSMEs and COVID-19, in AIC-EEPC, eds. 2020. COVID-19: Challenges for the Indian Economy – Trade and Foreign Policy Effects. ASEAN-India Centre (AIC) – Engineering Export Promotion Council of India (EEPC), New Delhi.
- Arfat Ahmad Sofi, Subash S. (2020). FDI, Labour Market and Welfare: How Inequality Navigate Welfare Loss? in K. Narayan and N S Siddharthan (Eds.) FDI, Technology and Innovation, New Delhi: Springer.
- Surender Rao Komera, Jijo Lukose, Subash S. (2016) Business Group Affiliation and Innovation in Medium and High-Technology Industries in India, in K. Narayanan and N. S. Siddharthan (eds): Technology: Corporate and Social Dimensions, Springer.
- Arfat Ahmad Sofi & Subash S, (2018) FDI, Labor Market, and Welfare: How Inequality Navigate Welfare Loss?, Presented at the Sixteenth International Convention of the East Asian Economic Association, National Taiwan University, Taipei, October 27-28.
- Subash S (2015) Does Business Group Affiliation encourage R&D activities: Evidence from India, 8th Conference on Micro Evidence on Innovation and Development (MEIDE) organized by OECD, World Bank and UNU-MERIT Maastricht, 10-12 February 2015, New Delhi, India (co-authored with P.J. Jijo Lukose, Surenderrao Komera).
- Rajesh Raj S. N. & Subash S (2014) Impact of International Trade on Manufacturing Employment in India, Two Day National Seminar on Applications of Panel Data, CESS Hyderabad, 26-27 March.
- Subash S, P.J. Jijo Lukose, Surenderrao Komera (2013) Financing Constraints and Investments in R&D: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing Firms, VIII Annual Conference of Forum for Global Knowledge Sharing, October 25 – 27, IIT Bombay.
- Subash S & Rajesh Raj S. N(2013) Barriers to Growth Among Informal Sector Enterprises in India, presented at the First Enterprise Performance in Asia Conference, Cebu City, Philippines, November.
- Adamos Adamou & Subash S (2012) R&D, FDI and Firm Growth: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing Industries, 48th Annual Indian Econometric Society Conference, Pondicherry University, January.
- Chiara Franco and Subash S. (2011) MNEs, Export Spillover and Firm Heterogeneity: a Case of Indian Manufacturing Industries, Workshop on Impact of Economic Reforms on Productivity Growth in India, IIT Bombay, March 17-18.
- Subash S (2010) FDI and Spillover Effects: An Overview, Training Programme on Indian Corporate Sector for Young Economists, held at Institute for Studies in Industrial Development, New Delhi, September.
- Chiara Franco and Subash S (2009) MNEs and Export Spillovers: An Analysis of Indian Manufacturing Industries, Fourth Annual Conference of the Forum for Global Knowledge Sharing, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, October.
- Anabel Marin, Subash S & Ionara Costa (2006) MNC Subsidiaries and Technology Diffusión in Late Industrialising Countries: A Comparison of Argentina and India, presented at the Third Annual Conference on Growth and Development at the Indian Statistical Institute Delhi, December 13-15 & Fourth Annual GLOBELICS Conference held at the Center for Development Studies, Thiruvananathapuram, October 4-7.
- Subash S (2006), FDI and Technology Spillovers: Evidence from Indian Industries, presented at the First Annual Max Planck India Workshop on Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Economic Growth held at the Indian Institute of Science Bangalore March 29-31.
- Bino Paul, G. D, Subash S., A. Ramanathan (2004), Concentration in Knowledge Output: a Case of Economics Journals, presented at the 40th Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society held at Institute of Social and Economic Change, Bangalore, India.
- Anabel Marin., Subash S (2008), “The Heterogeneity of MNC’ Subsidiaries and Technology Spillovers: Explaining Positive and Negative Effects in Emerging Economies”, UNU- MERIT Working Paper No. 2008-066, Maastricht, The Netherlands.
- Subash S., Vinish Kathuria (2008), “Foreign Direct Investment and R&D: Substitutes or Complements – A Case of Indian Manufacturing”, SLPTMD Working Paper, University of Oxford.
- Adamos Adamou., Subash S (2008), “The impact of R&D and FDI on firm growth in emerging-developing countries: evidence from Indian Manufacturing Industries”, Working Paper No. 38, Madras School of Economics, Chennai.
- Subash S (2006), “FDI and Technology Spillovers: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing Industries”, UNU-MERIT Working Paper No. 2006-010, Maastricht, The Netherlands.
- Barriers to Growth Among Informal Sector Enterprises in India, funded by AIM Scientific Research Foundation Manila, Philippines, February -November 2013.
- UNCTAD India Post Doctoral Fellowship, 2008.
- PhD Internship, United Nations University-MERIT, Maastricht, The Netherlands, October-December, 2005.
- Gold Medallist M.S. (Development Economics), Pondicherry Central University.
- National Eligibility Test for Lectureship in Economics (UGC-NET) conducted by University Grants Commission, India.