Room No.: HSB 353B
Phone: +91 (44) 2257 4526
- Ph.D. in Philosophy, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, 1999-2005
- Ph.D. in Philosophy, Pondicherry Central University, Pondicherry, India, 1993-1998
- M.A. Philosophy, National College, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India, 1990-1992
- B.Sc. Physics, Bishop Heber College, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India, 1987-1990
- Social and Political Systems
- Civil Society
- Indian Medical Ethics
- Indian Philosophy and Culture
- Mr. Sudhakar Rao Pujari – Governance
- Mr. Spencer Jeice – Philosophy and Politics of Education
- Ms. Manjushree Hegde – Advaita
- Mr. Pratap Itta – Aesthetics and Politics
- Mr. Vijaya Kumar Dhavala – Indian Philosophy and Management
- Mr. Thich Van Nguyen – Buddhism
- Ms. Josephine Antony – Digital Divide: Equity in Education
- Ms. Anjana Raghavan – Cosmopolitanism and Bio-politics (Co-guide: Dr. Jyotirmaya Tripathy)
- 2013-2016 European Union funded Erasmus Mundus IBIES Consortium (6 EU & 13 Indian Univs.) – Co-coordinator, IIT Madras (Coordinator – Aarhus University, Denmark) – Value: 2.699 Million Euros
- 2010-2011 Prestigious European Commission project for Establishing Contemporary EU Study Centres in India- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Madras. Value: 196000 Euros
Journal Articles – International and Refereed:
- Josephine, A. and Sudarsan P. “Digital Divide and Equity in Education: A Rawlsian Analysis” in Journal of Information Technology Case and Application Research, Ivy League, USA (Volume 12 Number 4, 2010). pp. 37-62.
- Review Article- Philip Walsh, Skepticism, Modernity and Critical Theory, New York: Palgrave –Macmillan, 2005, Human Studies, Netherlands: Springer Publications, (January 26, 2007) Vol. 29, No. 3. (September 2006), pp. 405-412. (online edition)
- “Mental Health: Education and Society,” NAMAH Journal of Mental Health, Vol. 7, Issue 1, India, August 1999. pp. 17-28.
- “Illocutionary Acts and Communicative Action,” The Philosophical Quarterly, North Maharashtra University, Vol. IV, No. 3-4, July-October 98, pp. 103-122.
- “The Logistics of Argumentation: Habermas and Nyaya – A Comparison,” Indian Philosophical Quarterly, Vol. XXXVI, No. 3, July 99, pp. 357-368.
- “Habermas and Critical Social Theory,” Indian Philosophical Quarterly, Vol. XXV, No. 2, I, April 98, pp. 253-266.
Book Chapters – International and Reputed Publishing Houses:
- Sudarsan, P. “Rajaji – The Republican Statesman”, in Icons and Illusionists: The Role of Lawyer Statesmen in Constitutional Democracy, Eds. William Pederson, New Delhi: Pencraft International (December 2013)
- Sudarsan, P. “Cultural Diversity and the European Union”, European Union in Changing International Order: Issues and Concerns, ed. Jayaraj Amin, Delh: Kaveri Publishers, 2013.
- Sudarsan, P. “The Paradox of Doctrinnaire Violence and Non-violence” Schottli, J. Zajączkowski, J and Thapa, M. (eds.) India in World Politics and Economy, New Delhi: Routledge, 2013.
- Sudarsan, P. “Imagining India: The Interplay of the Cosmopolitan and the Vernacular”, Gupta, S. and Sudarsan. P (eds.) Politics in the Global Age: Critical Reflections on Sovereignty, Citizenship, Territory and Nationalism, New Delhi: Routledge (Forthcoming December 2013)
- “Unity in Diversity – Indian Cosmopolitan Idea” in Routledge Handbook of Cosmopolitanism, (ed.) Gerard Delanty, London: Routledge (May 2012)
- “Lincolnian and Gandhian Images of Justice”, Abraham Lincoln Without Borders: Lincoln’s Legacy Outside the United States, Eds. Jyotirmaya Tripathy, Sura P. Rath and William D. Pederson, Pencraft International, New Delhi, 2010. pp. 78-94.
- Josephine, A. and Sudarsan, P. “Rawlsian Perspective on Equity in Indian Education,” in Equity and Education in India: Policy, Issues and Challenges, Ed. D. Parimala, New Delhi: Kanishka Publishers, 2010. pp. 205-222.
- “Civil Society in Indian Culture: Its Presuppositions, Problems, and Projects,” The Enworlded Subjectivity: Its Three Worlds and Beyond, Ed. R. Balasubramanian, Ed. Volume in Series: Project of History of Indian Science, Philosophy and Culture (PHIPSPC), Center for Studies in Civilizations, New Delhi, India. Pp. 87-139. (March 2006)
Encyclopaedia Articles – International:
- ASIAN AMERICAN HISTORY AND CULTURE: AN ENCYCLOPEDIA, Eds. Huping Ling and Allan W. Austin, M.E. Sharpe, New York (November 2009)
- Indian Americans and Political Empowerment
- Indian American Press
- Indian American Religious Movements
- Encyclopedia of Love in World Religions, Ed. Yudit Greenberg, ABC-CLIO, California (2008)
- On Medieval Islamic Philosophy
- On Sexual Pleasure in Islam
Edited Book Volumes:
- Tripathy, J. and Sudarsan, P. (eds) Democratization and Cultural Diversity: Contestation and Consensus, Routledge, 2013.
- Gupta, S. and Sudarsan, P. (eds) Politics in the Global Age: Critical Reflections on Sovereignty, Citizenship, Territory and Nationalism, Routledge, 2014
- Sudarsan P and Arvind Sivaramakrishnan (eds) Indian Democracy : Contradictions and Reconciliations, Sage Publishing, 2020.